Five principles sum up the concept of Managing from the Heart invented by Bracey et al.
Think of them as 5 requests that everyone at work makes of you.
An easy way to remember them is as follows:
- Hear and understand me
- Even if you disagree, please don’t make me wrong
- Acknowledge the greatness within me
- Remember to look for my loving intentions
- Tell me the truth with compassion
So …in your view … what might be the benefits in applying these 5 principles?
We invite you to share what you noticed, what was different, what changed.
Tough questions to ask are:
- ‘What would it be like to apply these five principles to yourself?
- What would it take to apply these five principles to you?’