Questions to provoke thinking
Memories – accessing wisdom
Remember a grandparent/godparent/teacher who had a very positive impact on you:
- What did they do that was different to the other significant others/adults that you came across?
- What was it you liked so much eg attitudes / behaviour?
- How did that make you feel specifically about yourself?
- How has that experience influenced, had impact on, inspired you?
- What has happened that wouldn’t have happened?
- How have you chosen to pay that forward?
- What would you say to that influential person/s in gratitude?
- How, by treating all team members as equal, can you bring everyone’s potential to fruition?
- By listening to all points of view without judgement how might that build trust?
- Generating belief in an ‘I can’ culture: what unexpected results might that enable to happen?
- Challenging for sure in these current times – how might it be possible to give time and full undistracted attention to all the players in your life including yourself?
- What boundaries might need to be negotiated? Agreements negotiated? Protocols for behaviour agreed?
- And the payoff would be what?
- Being choiceful for fun + enthusiasm + safe spaces + being cared for and caring for + support + trust + respect = an outrageously amazing recipe for a fulfilling life.
- Cast your mind back and find an occasion when you felt special, valued, confident, full of self-belief. How was that?
- Awareness and responsibility: what do these words bring up for you?
- Choices have consequences: where would you like to have more choice in life / more personal choice?
- Potential: How much do you reveal? What stops you revealing it? The opponent in one’s own head is more daunting that the person on the other side of the net!
- Drivers: what are yours?
Challenge your thinking, preconceptions, assumptions, habitual behaviours or thinking. Dive in:
- Get where want to be quicker than on one’s own if I collaborate. What do I have to let go of to work collaboratively?
- Find things that work. Rinse and repeat – obvious! Why do the same to what doesn’t work? Duh!
- Promote my passion and be of service – what actions would I take?
- Design specifically for me – if I could what would I design?
- Mindful of mind full – your choice
- Super vision = learning, reflective, off loading
- Business balls – what does this phrase conjure up for you