Follow the breath:
Find a quiet space or create one exactly where you are in the midst of the hustle and bustle.
Sit comfortably with your feet flat on the ground or stand if that is what is best for you.
Close your eyes and focus on your breathing.
Become aware of what your lungs do naturally and effortlessly 24/7.
When you have appreciated your breath then begin the process which is:
- Take a deep breath in, hold it for a count of 4 and then let all the air in your lungs out.
- Repeat this twice more
- With the next in breath let that breath travel through your body down to ends of your toes.
- Travel to where your body needs attention; has information for you; is uncomfortable.
- Focus then on that part. Ask what is needed; what information it has for you; what it needs to do; what action needs to be taken; is there a movement to be done; what acknowledgement needs to be given for example.
- Take time to explore noting what you discover – maybe write it down when you have finished; maybe a different perspective from what you would have imagined.
- Maybe choose a metaphor or symbol to represent it.
- You’ll know when you have collected enough information. Once that is so – then begin the closing process
- Feel your feet on the ground
- Focus on your breath, be aware of its in and its out
- Bring yourself back into the space you are in and thank your body for the information it has given you