The 3-D Technique involves the situation, the people involved and you.
- Define the problem in a single sentence
- List 3 general issues relating to the problem situation
- List 3 issues relating to the person/people involved
- List 3 issues that relate specifically to you and the problem
- Choose 1 issue from each of your 3 lists of issues
- With these 3 selected issues in mind, identify one or more options most likely to help you make progress in solving the problem. Be as creative and inventive as you feel comfortable with when coming up with the options.
- Repeat the process with the remaining issues if you consider that resolving them will make it possible for you to clear the problem.
This a learning curve.
A process for you to benefit from.
Making sure that it stays learnt.